Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing During the Change
by Dr. Christiane Northrup
Through her bestselling books, groundbreaking PBS specials, and up-to-the-minute clinical knowledge, Dr. Christiane Northrup has earned a place as one of America’s most trusted medical advisers.
In The Wisdom of Menopause, she once again challenges convention with this inspiring look at one of the most commonly misunderstood female health issues. The “change” is not simply a collection of physical symptoms to be “fixed,” Dr. Northrup claims, but a mind/body revolution that brings the greatest opportunity for growth since adolescence. The choices a woman makes have the power to secure her health and well-being for the rest of her life. Through personal stories and fascinating case histories, Dr. Northrup shows:
- How menopause jump-starts changes in the brain
- How to ensure the long-term health of breasts, bones, and heart
- How the body adjusts naturally to changing hormones
- Why bestselling drugs like Premarin may not be the best choice
- How to deal with metabolism shifts, weight gain, sexual problems, and appearance issues
- How to negotiate the challenges of “the empty nest” and midlife marriage.